CORK Men’s Group – starting online & aiming to face to face meetings
We are delighted to announce our first Men’s support group focused on the Cork region for those with ADHD diagnosis and awaiting the diagnosis is happening on the 1st of August at 7:00 pm. The biggest goal of this group is to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable while supporting each other. There is a plan on moving the online session to face-to-face meetings in the nearest future, but this is only if there is an interest and willingness to do that!
About this event
Would you like to join our Men’s Support group online to discuss concerns, issues and experiences of ADHD in your relationships, education or work life. The group will be hosted online, on a fortnight basis and the peer-to-peer sessions enable those experiencing the daily challenges of living with ADHD to offer support and guidance to each other. Please note this is a peer-to-peer support group, ADHD information sessions will be run separately.
The group is organised through Zoom online platform and is facilitated by our Adult Group Volunteers. Places are limited, so ensure that you register in advance to secure your place.
The ADHD Men’s Support Group Guidelines are as follows:
• Everything discussed within the group is confidential and not to be discussed outside the group
• Medication advice will not be given – ADHD Ireland are not clinicians and not qualified to moderate discussions on medication
• Everyone will be given an opportunity to speak, if they wish to do so, however, there is no obligation on anyone to speak
• Anonymity is important, particularly for online groups, therefore usernames only should be used and not actual names
• Be respectful in allowing other people a chance to speak, try and avoid speaking over each other
• Feedback can be given after the group by email to [email protected]
Log in details will be emailed to each participant once you have registered here on Eventbrite. Once you have registered for a place in the group that will secure your place and you can then log in on the evening at the start time.
NOTE: Please do not register if you think you cannot participate in the session because places are limited and it may take up a space that someone else would like to use.
Please, click HERE to see all updates on what ADHD Ireland – Cork is offering currently
To register for the Men’s group, please click HERE
ADHD Ireland 21/07/2022