The ADHD Friendly School Programme
€45 per individual teacher or €300 in total for the Whole School to attend the training
This project aims to inform all professionals in education about ADHD by promoting understanding, knowledge, and practical strategies to support students in primary and second level education. Following our 3 years of delivering the programs to schools across the country, we will be blending the expert training we currently deliver online and incorporating bespoke services to individual schools to support their students with ADHD.
Each setting will receive the expertise of our Service Development Team who will work individually with a core member of staff. Each school will receive training and recommendations on how to support children with ADHD with general and specific accommodations, thereby improving ADHD awareness, creating an ADHD friendly environment, and reducing challenging behaviour in the classroom.
All schools who successfully complete the programme will be invited to participate in our Graduation Ceremony. This includes a flag raising ceremony and presentation of certificates.
What is involved?
- Pre and post programme meeting with Principal and SENO, school visit onsite /online.
- Up to five staff to become ADHD champions to participate in our ADHD intensive training with Colin Foley from The ADHD Foundation, UK.
- Whole school staff training on ADHD, providing awareness and accommodations.
- Parent/carer information session on ADHD. · Access to a monthly online teacher/SNA support group.
- Resources provided to support staff and students. · Graduation Ceremony upon completion
Benefits from participating
- This programme addresses the stigma and myths associated with ADHD.
- Each school will benefit from increased knowledge and understanding of ADHD through specialist training and the latest research.
- School staff will be able to recognise the characteristics of ADHD.
- School staff will have increased confidence on how to manage and support pupils with ADHD.
The ADHD Friendly School Programme will run twice a year, new term is starting February 2024.
Enrol for February 2024 – enrolment open until 7th of December 2023.
If your school would like to become ADHD Friendly, please – click HERE to fill-out the form to register your interest.