Status: Part-time 18.75 hours, fixed term
Location: Carmichael Centre, North Brunswick Street, Dublin 7/ or work from home
Reporting to: CEO ADHD Ireland
ADHD Ireland’s Vision and Mission
ADHD Ireland envisages a future where all individuals affected by ADHD are included, supported, and empowered in all contexts of their lives (e.g. school, work, home, and socially) to participate fully within, benefit from, and contribute meaningfully to Irish society. ADHD Ireland is the national organisation that will enable this.
ADHD Ireland’s mission is to make life better for all people affected by ADHD, by raising awareness, knowledge, and understanding of the condition, providing practical services, and by creating a support network of volunteers and staff to underpin these activities. To help us create the awareness around the condition we wish to appoint a Communications and Education Manager.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce and update marketing copy for our website, and manage website content overall
- Research and analyse marketing activities to ensure key audience delivery
- Edit and produce multimedia content to support planned marketing communications campaigns using a variety of platforms
- Produce, edit and distribute updates and materials for external and internal audiences, dealing sensitively with those whose personal experiences might be featured
- Help market and communicate events, such as seminars, conferences, and events for the public, both on and offline as required
- Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications projects and report on progress
- Identify opportunities for ADHD Ireland representatives to contribute to public debate on areas that impact our community
- Review material regularly, to ensure its continued relevance and impact
- Manage and moderate content across all our Social Media platforms
- Build internal communications with both internal and external stakeholders
- Create press releases and statements as required
- Develop and maintain relationships with media to secure and grow positive media coverage
- Act as a brand champion and spokesperson as required
- Maintain library system for press cuttings, monitor cuttings and report for all our activity
- Be the brand champion for ADHD Ireland and ensure consistent branding is used in all communications
- Roll out and manage all communications activities in line with agreed budgets
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress to CEO/Line Manager
- Carry out post campaign evaluation analysis and regular monthly reporting on all online platforms
- Good understanding of the community/charity and voluntary sector along with key audiences
- Good working knowledge of digital platforms such as Google Adwords
- Strong working knowledge of online Marketing tools such as Mailchimp
- Experience working with and managing social media platforms and showing significant growth against measured KPI’s
- Hands on experience with web content management tools such as Word Press
- Campaign budget management experience, costing and forecasting
- Proven networking abilities with relevant media agencies
- Strong presentation skills and experience
- A willingness to travel the length and breadth of Ireland carrying out awareness talks to a broad range of organisations such as schools, community organisations, libraries etc.
- Excellent written communication and copy editing skills
- Experience of developing and managing Public Relations campaigns is desirable
- Demonstrated broad knowledge and understanding of practice in the area of community/local development
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- The ability to be flexible and creative in a changing environment
- A strong understanding around the political framework that underpins the delivery of mental health services in Ireland for both adults and children and how to positively create change in that environment, would be desirable
- A third level qualification in a related discipline
- Three or more years’ experience in a similar communications role or organisation
- Very strong organisation, time management, people management and analytical skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence across a team
- Very good interpersonal, negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to maintain attention to detail at all times
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A pro-active and can-do attitude
- Carry out any other duties as required that are consistent with the responsibilities of the post
- Maintain confidentiality on all matters relating to staff, volunteers, clients and general ADHD Ireland business
- Adhere to all ADHD Ireland Policies and Procedures currently in operation
- Project a positive image of ADHD Ireland at all times
- This position will be subject to Garda Vetting
- Travel around the country will be a part of the role, access to a car and possession of a full clean driving licence will be required
Please send your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter explaining why you wish to apply for the position, highlighting your relevant skills and experience to Ken Kilbride at [email protected]. Please use the reference ‘Communications Manager’ when applying.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this position please contact Ken Kilbride on 01-874 8349 or 087-2492863 anytime.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on 30th October 2020. Initial shortlisting will be on the basis of the information contained in the CV and covering letter. First interviews will be held by Zoom in early November.
The first interview may reduce the initial short list and remaining candidates may be invited for a second interview.
The role will be subject to Garda vetting and reference checks.