Great news for those who are taking the big step of moving to Secondary school!! Starting somewhere new can be a challenging experience for anyone, especially for 11/12 years kids/teens. We couldn’t be happier that this summer we can offer two options for them to make the transition process easier and enter the new chapter of their life prepared and full of confidence.
Transitioning from Primary to Secondary School 5-Week Programme based on BELONGING PLUS evidence-based programme
This online transitions programme for children transitioning from 6th Class to 1st Year aims to support your child in preparing for secondary school. Across five one-hour sessions, your child will learn about time management, organisation, study and rules; making friends, and looking after our physical and mental health. The sessions are discussion-based and interactive – children will be encouraged to share their opinion and find their voices. This programme is based on the Belonging Plus+ school’s programme.
100% of parents rated that their children had found the programme helpful and that they had enjoyed it. The children said:
“the discussion about something new and the uncertainty of secondary school,”
“hearing other people’s experiences.”
“it made me feel happy”
“it was helpful and interesting”
“it was nice to know I wasn’t the only one experiencing some situations.”
- Delivered by Emma McEnaney an Assistant Psychology assistant in the NHS, with a bachelor’s and masters degree in Psychology and extended experience working with neurodivergent children.
- Starts | 26th of July at 11:00 am and runs for 5 weeks every Tuesday morning.
- Price | Full price is €60 | Early Bird is €50
- Only 15 places avaliable
- This programme will take place on Zoom. All children will be asked to have their camera on, and it is asked that a parent or guardian be nearby their child while they are in the sessions. When you sign up for this programme, you agree to being contacted by the facilitator Emma via email.
Click HERE to register for Transitioning from Primary to Secondary School 5-Week Programme based on BELONGING PLUS evidence-based programme.
Transition to Secondary School Workshop
Shifting from being the oldest in the school to the youngest and in a completely new building is a shock to the system, not to mention the new teachers, subjects and trying to navigate a timetable. In this workshop we aim to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable them to have a smooth transition into secondary school and knowing what to expect in order to participate more effectively in school. We are hoping to have some sundry school students there to share their own experience with some time for a Q&A.
What we will work on:
- Identifying Strengths.
- Preparing for transitions.
- Managing overwhelm.
- Emotional regulation.
What you will learn?
- Knowing what to expect.
- How to break things down.
- Asking for support.
- Develop a strategy to stay on top of things.
What to expect?
- Workbook sent ahead of the workshop.
- Ice breaker activity.
- Individual guided activity.
- Break out rooms for partner activity.
- Larger group participation.
- This workshop is facilitated by Claire Twomey from Internal Connection. Claire is professional coach with extended social, mental health qualifications.
- Starts | 27th of July at 7:00 pm and runs for 2 hours
- Price | Full price is €35 | Early Bird is €25
- This programme will take place on Zoom. All children will be asked to have their camera on. When you sign up for this programme, you agree to being contacted by the group coach Claire.
Click HERE to register for Transition to Secondary School Workshop
For all events, workshops, support groups and more please visit our Event section HERE
ADHD Ireland 05/07/2022